December 5, 2013

OKLAHOMA CITY



The last two weeks have been a blur of flying and driving all over the East coast and Midwest. I flew up to Connecticut to pick up my youngest brother from life college, then to Tulsa to drop him off with my mom, before driving down to Oklahoma City for a few days.

There, I worked out of the Braid office for a few days, and helped host a baby shower for Kathleen (who just posted these utterly Kathleen maternity photos). I got her a garnet-studded quartz (for a January baby), and a Pantone baby book, because the children are our future!

I spent the rest of the time eating and drinking and catching up with Kathleen and Jeremy (who were generous enough to let me sleep in their awesome guest room the whole time, and took me to all the new shops and restaurants that have popped up since my last visit). I saw my first snowfall of the year (kind of a big deal), and did some Christmas shopping, then headed out for the 2-hour drive north to my parents' house for Thanksgiving.

More on that tomorrow.