February 20, 2012

THE WEDGE PIZZERIA


The one restaurant I have to eat at every time I travel back to Oklahoma City is The Wedge. And the one thing I have to eat every time I go to The Wedge is the Truffle Shuffle pizza, which features fresh mozzarella and parmesan, sage, crimini mushrooms, spinach, truffle oil, and roasted chicken (though sometimes I substitute dried figs for that). Such a perfect flavor combination. It is the one non-person thing I miss about Oklahoma City. Not a week goes by that I don't contemplate recreating it or trying to get them to deliver, a mere 1,200 miles away. So it goes without saying that I've never tried any other pizza on their menu (something I'm quite apt to do whenever I fall in love with a dish).

Until last night.

Last night I ordered the Prosciutto E Formaggi. Fresh mozzarella and parmesan, prosciutto, dried figs, topped with arugula. So - not a huge departure, by any means. A pretty small step. But on the other hand, a giant (tasty) leap for Lizkind.