December 8, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY

I've been in Oklahoma City all week, working from my agency's main office, preparing for an all-day photo shoot, and looking forward to the annual company Christmas party. It's been a discombobulating whirlwind of a trip so far. I basically didn't tell anyone I was coming so I could just slink over to Kathleen and Jeremy's house every night to eat their food, drink their wine, and enjoy their company.

I'm lucky enough to be able to visit Oklahoma City on a quarterly basis on the company's dime (this was my hotel room view last time). When I first moved to Durham, these trips were lifelines back to all the family and friends (and long-distance boyfriend) I had left behind. I still enjoy them immensely, but it's amazing the difference a year and a half can make. Oklahoma City no longer feels like "home."

And that's alright.