December 13, 2011

WHITE NOISE


My company's North Carolina office is on the American Tobacco campus in downtown Durham. It's a great place to come to work everyday. There's lots of restaurants, bars and coffee shops within walking distance, and it's got the right balance of scrappy and gentrified.

Plus there's just something cool about working in advertising in a converted Lucky Strike warehouse. Very "ghosts of Mad Men."

This water feature/river-thing runs right outside my window (which you can see the beginnings of in the very far right of the bottom picture). It creates a kind of zen white noise backdrop for everything I work on. It sounds like Lake Superior on a windy day. Or maybe Tahquamenon Falls. (I've got Michigan on the brain. Ten days!)

It's one of the little things I missed while working from the Oklahoma City office. It's good to be back.