November 19, 2012

WEEKEND BREAKFAST

Top two: Saturday's breakfast. Micah's migas! Cheesy scrambled eggs, roasted Brussels sprouts, sliced avocado, salsa, toasty tortilla strips.

Bottom two: Sunday's breakfast. Breakfast fondue? Shirred eggs with parmesan and sopressata, sausage gravy, and toasty herb focaccia (from Loaf).

This weekend, my mom and one of my brothers are visiting! My dad flies in today as well, from "Beer Camp" in northern Michigan. It's the first time they've ever visited Durham at the same time, and they're staying all week. I'm excited to catch up with them, since I've haven't seen them since July (and when Micah and I visit at Christmas, our time together will be limited).

I'm also knee-deep in Braid now. It's been exhilarating to stretch and use my creative muscles in such a different way - and to see the immediate impact they can have on creative entrepreneurs' lives. Powerful. (That deserves it's own post, I think.)