February 10, 2012

PAPER LANTERNS



Top: The Old Fashioned in Madison, WI.

Middle: Guglhupf in Durham, NC.

Middle: The bedroom in my last duplex.

Bottom: The dining nook in my current duplex.

I've had all these images in my Flickr for a while now, and just now made the simplest of connections: I love how paper lanterns look in multiples. I think it has something to do with the contrast between the space that so many of them take up and the ethereal quality of the material. Heavy vs. light. Plus, I just love me some circles.

It's less of an inspiration (the top two images were taken way after the bottom two), more of an affirmation of my consistency. That's why I appreciate Pinterest - it takes the work out of gathering and organizing images, and leaves me to just do the connecting.

Let there be light.