June 25, 2012

WEEKEND BREAKFAST

Top two: Saturday's breakfast. Fried egg over savory farro risotto (leftover from this) with sauteed Swiss chard, roasted leek, and fresh Parmesan.

Middle: Produce for Sunday's breakfast from Englewood Gardens. Grape tomatoes, massive basil and sweet basil.

Bottom two: Sunday's breakfast. Caprese scramble with garlicky tomatoes and two kinds of basil.

Micah was out of town this weekend, so I was on my own for breakfast. Which means everything was more casserole than egg pile, and more brunch than breakfast. The highlight was walking out to the garden on Sunday to pick the tomatoes and basil for my meal. ! Coffee cup in one hand, rocking my asymmetrical bed-head, tracking morning dew and dirt back into the kitchen: I was livin' the dream, people. I just wish I could do that for more of our meals (minus the asymmetry).