November 4, 2011

UNPLUGGED WEEKEND



This weekend is pretty full, as far as mine usually go.

Tonight, we're toasting the recent arrival of our good friends Natalie and Travis to the Durty D (they actually introduced Micah and I a few years back!... but that's another happy hour, and post, entirely...). Tomorrow night, I have a long-overdue ladydate with Lauren - I'm hoping to eat way too much sushi and hear all about her new job at Yep Roc Records.

Exciting evening social calendar aside,  I don't have any plans. Which is exactly how I like it. We don't have internet service at our duplex right now, and I secretly appreciate being unplugged for a full 48 hours. I want to sleep in. Drink coffee. Drink tea. Make food. Eat food. Take pictures. Make a palette on the living room floor and watch movies for hours. All without feeling the constant, knee-jerk need to check Twitter/the weather/the stats on this blog.

However - if I'm feeling ambitious, I might revisit my never-ending quest to edit down my belongings to only the most essential and fabulous. Ever since Micah casually mentioned that he never uses toasters, I realized I never use toasters, and yet I've been lugging one around for years. I love realizations like that. A toaster might seem like one of those appliances that a kitchen just "has to have," but... it's simply not true for us right now. Which makes me want to reevaluate everything else in my house, all over again. The Never-Ending Edit.

Watch out, Fancy Shoes I Never Wear, Redundant Sweaters, and Books I'm Not Likely To Read Again. I'm starting with you.