August 20, 2012

WEEKEND BREAKFAST

Above: Sunday's breakfast. I call it "huevos leftoveros." It's tiny piles of whatever leftover bits we might have, with a fried egg, some salsa, and avocado slices on top. In this case, the leftover bits were roasted sweet potato, cannellini beans, pork tenderloin, and rice-mushroom pilaf.

It rained all weekend. It's one of my favorite things: to wake up on Saturday (...and Sunday) morning to the sound of raindrops pattering on the window, maybe some rumbling thunder in the distance, the bedroom half-dark from the lack of sun. For some reason it gives me permission to eschew any responsibilities I may have previously had for the day, and instead spend hours on the couch, or the bed, piled high with every blanket and pillow in the house, reading, or watching 3 movies in a row, drinking way more coffee or tea than I normally would.

The only productive thing I did all weekend was change out prints in some of the picture frames in my living room, and make muffins. It was glorious.