January 1, 2013

2013



Above: My feet at the very end of 2012, in Kathleen's living room. Taken with my iPhone - I didn't bring my camera on this trip, and it was a relief.

Welcome to 2013!

Yesterday, I ceremoniously cleaned house to greet the new year. I washed all the bedding and towels in our house, and swept all the floors, and wiped down all the surfaces, and misted down all the furniture with calming lavender oil. Micah and I rang in 2013 in our living room, with shots of Jameson and conversation about our intent for the coming year. Then we made a palette on the floor, and fell asleep to Studio Ghibli movies (a Christmas gift from me that's been on constant repeat since he opened it).

It's been raining and overcast all day today - fitting for clean starts and blank slates. I'm nursing cup after cup of my birthday tea, and reviewing all the photos from my trip to the quiet pitter-pat of raindrops.

I'm grateful for all the people who moved me in the last year, and all the decisions I made to better myself and my life, and all the experiences that shaped the decisions I'll make in the next year.

Welcome to 2013!