May 11, 2012

COMMONWEALTH

Last night I ate at Commonwealth in downtown Charlottesville.

It's amazing how much a well-designed experience and ambiance can elevate a meal. The interior was this perfect blend of industrial, modern, and rustic. The menus looked like something I would've designed in college (in a good way). Oh - and the food and drink were awesome as well. I had a solid mint julep, and a delicious braised root vegetable plate with brussels and a dijon buerre blanc.

The weather was absolutely perfect for patio-dining, so unfortunately the Skybar was packed and not an option for us, but all of their huge garage-style roller doors were flung open in the restaurant, and dining pseudo-al fresco got me seriously excited about summer.

Overall: Commonwealth came highly recommended and I would continue to highly recommend it to anyone in need of a good meal and a great experience in Charlottesville.