May 7, 2012

WEEKEND BREAKFAST

Top: Loot from the farmer's market. Baby squash, beets, strawberries, and garlic scapes. Not gonna lie, we also got a pepper seedling or four.

Middle: Sunday's breakfast. Smoked salmon on puff pastry with roasted asparagus, topped with a poached egg and a garlic scape.

Bottom: Sunday's dinner. Pork tenderloin on mashed potatoes with creamed beet greens, horseradish sauce and roasted baby squash.

I think Micah is feeling the pressure from my Weekend Breakfast posts. Smoked salmon?! Garlic scapes?! That was some classy shit. And I love how the scape is tied in a little design-y pretzel. He also regularly makes a mean Sunday dinner - it's usually one of the most meat-and-potato meals I have all week, in the best way possible. I was proud that both meals made good use of the farmer's market loot.