May 13, 2013

WEEKEND BREAKFAST



Top two: Saturday's breakfast. Huevos rancheros with grilled bison flank steak.

Bottom two: Sunday's breakfast. Biscuits and sweet pepper portobello gravy, scrambled cheddar eggs with basil.

Saturday, Micah finished 99.99% of his chicken coop, and I potted some mint and spinach in tea tins. We had friends over to celebrate a recent graduation with cheese and drinks and Yahtzee. I spent Sunday morning updating my blog header (I had remembered the previous one was merely a "placeholder" – that had stayed in place for months). Sunday afternoon was spent sunning in the backyard with the latest issue of Garden & Gun and a Mason jar full of gin and tonic. I called my mom to thank her for being my mom and giving me all the good genes, and Micah made beef stroganoff for dinner. We spent the rest of the night catching up on The Office and planning a barbecue party for next weekend.