March 30, 2012

TWOFOLD WEEKEND

Above: Our primary garden plot, featuring one of my favorite North Carolina beers. We leveraged these weird landscaping timbers that were already in the middle of the yard, and lined it with found bricks and edgers (I love how they're all mossy), also from around the yard. Here's hoping it continues to be generous with us.

This weekend, I have two goals. The first is to use my brain as little as possible. It's been one of those weeks at work - the kind you need another week to recover from. Satisfying, but draining. And next week doesn't look like it's going to be any different - so I'm already looking forward to the week after that. No rest for the wicked.

My second goal is to plant some shit. In the ground. Our laundry room has been a greenhouse for the last few weeks, but now I'm ready to kick these seedlings out of the nest. I'm also going to go out and buy the plants I didn't start from seed (namely tomatoes, and any more herbs that strike me in the moment). I'm looking forward to spending some time outside and working with my hands - instead of my brain - for awhile.

There'll probably be more of those beers, too.